24 April 2008

BEATS, COUNTRY, HIP HOP




Nope, I didn't mess up on those genres up there. Rench is a Brooklyn-based producer who mixes old bluegrass and country samples with a standup band that includes slide guitar and fiddle, and he pulls it all together with hip hop beats and splits vocals between country guys and gals and underground emcees from around the way. If your head's about to explode, join the club...

It doesn't all work, but when Rench hits it, which is done particularly deftly on "Street Soldier" and "I Am The Man - New Blood," you can truly imagine Gangstagrass blasting from Escalades on Flatbush and F-150's in the Appalachians.

[DOWNLOAD ALL GANSTAGRASS MIX]

I'm hooked.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

good job.
where did you find this?

houvenagle said...

I think it originated from heaven...but I found it on 3hive (link on the right).